Followers

Thursday 22 March 2012

Sewn with Love

I'm back again!  This time it's my Mother's Day card, made with Debbi Moore stamps.  Whilst we were at the craft show in Glasgow I bought the brand new Debbi Moore Stamping Inspirations Magazine.  I love Debbi's magazines because there are so many great projects and you get loads of papers, toppers and embellishments.  I decided to use the free gift which was a great set of haberdashery stamps. 


My Mam is really into sewing so these stamps were perfect for her card.  I stamped four of the square stamp in blue and four in purple and then cut them out by hand using pinking scissors.  I used my acrylic block to get the right size for the sewing machine stamp and then cut this with the same scissors.  I drew some faux stitching around the image and attached with foam tape.  The sentiment is from that stamp set that I'm continually using but can't remember the make!  I added a layer of silver mirri-paper to give more dimension.  Simples!

Happy crafting,
Rachel x

7 comments:

Wendy Fraser said...

Stunning card, such lovely stamps. I'm sure your Mum loved it. xx

Vicky said...

I love it Rachel... :o)

big hugs Vicky xx

coops said...

stunning card rachel.the stamps are beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Judith said...

Love your card Rachel - lovely shades of blue and I really like these stamps - I have an award for you on my blog if you would like to accept it Hugs Judith x

Anonymous said...

beautiful card love the stamps x

Anonymous said...

beautiful card love the stamps x

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Rachel, This is gorgeous, I love that sewing machine image and the stamps, A great card! Hugs, Teresa x