Followers

Wednesday 26 September 2012

Fab'n'Funky Challenges #140 - Starts with F

Hi Crafty People,

Hope this post finds you well and crafted!  We had a phenomenal response to our Things with Wings challenge last week at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.  Check out the blog to see if you were one of our lucky winners.  Amazing entries.

Now, onto the challenge in hand and it's Emma's turn to host this week.  She has chosen one of my favourite challenges ever...

Starts with F

There are so many possibilities - friends, fashion, fairies, flowers, flutes or even finger food!  We also have two fantastic sponsors - Di's Digi Downloads and StampArt Design by Kathryne.  Click on their names to check out their wonderful designs.

So, my F was French-inspired and flowers and I used my new Eiffel Tower die from Marianne Craftables.


As you can see I also used my favourite crafty item - Spellbinders!  However, to start I opened up Fab Glam Fifites on My Craft Studio and found this rose embellishment.  I resized the image and then tiled it to make a backing paper, placing a gold/cream background behind to match.  I used the colour picker to make the matching blue base background.  I cut these layers with Spellbinders Grand Rectangles. 


The corners came from Spellbinders Venetian Motifs and I used Create and Craft glitter card which I wasn't sure would work through the dies but the results were really good.  The centre layer is from Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Eight and I also ran this through the Venetian M-Bossabilities folder for extra texture.  I used Spellbinders Fancy Framed Tags One for the sentiment and that was stamped with JustRite stamps - Bon Voyage. 


I hope I've inspired you to get creative and show us your makes that start with F.  Have fun!

Happy crafting,
Rachel

2 comments:

Sue said...

This is fabulous Rachel. I love the design and gorgeous colours

Hugs Sue

Cheryl said...

Beautiful! Love that glittery paper, and your custom background paper turned out fantastic!