Followers

Wednesday 20 March 2013

Fab'n'Funky Challenges #163 - Colour Challenge

Hi Everyone,

Well, isn't the time just whizzing by.  I can't believe we are back on Wednesday again!  As you know Wednesday means a great new challenge at Fab'n'Funky Challenges and this week is no different.  But first we have to say a big thank you to each and every one of you who entered our last challenge - we saw so many wonderful sentiments.  The winners and Top 3 have been announced over at Fab'n'Funky Challenges so head on over for a look.

Have you seen our exciting DT Call?  If not, all the details can be found at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.  You don't need to have previous DT experience - just a love of craft! 

Now, we had better announce the next challenge and it's a corker!  Pat is our host and you should definitely pop by her blog for some inspiration.  She also has a lovely brood of gorgeous grand-daughters! 

Pink, Green and Brown

Our sponsor this week is MayzyArt


She is becoming a firm fave of mine and the DT were so lucky to be able to work with her images this week.  I chose Frog Princess and here is my card...


I started by colouring my image with ProMarkers in Peony, Fuchsia Pink, Cerise, Marsh Green, Pear Green, Lime Green, Walnut, Cocoa, Cinnamon, Blush, Satin, Gold and Blender.  When I finished, I scanned it using my Brother printer and then took it into Serif's Craft Artist 2 Professional.  I had only intended to make some matching papers but this card just came together almost by itself!  I used the current sketch on Sketch Saturday blog which looks like this...

Great sketch and I love all the ideas they have over at Sketch Saturday.  My papers are from different kits so I haven't got a note of them.  The ribbon came from the Afternoon Tea kit.  I tried the 3D decoupage tool for the first time on this card.  It was really easy and I love the result.  Here is a shot of the inside of my card...


This was a super quick card to put together but I like that I've been able to use my coloured image in a different way.  I really hope you can join us for our Pink, Green and Brown challenge this week.

Happy crafting,
Rachel x

Challenges entered:
Sketch Saturday - #250
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Girly
Fashionista's Challenge #13 - Make it Pink

8 comments:

Shirley said...

Great card Rachel! Love the new way to display the image! It looks great!

Sue said...

WOW!! This is wonderful Rachel. I love the way you have layered the image and the colours are gorgeous
Sue xx

Vicky said...

Simply gorgeous hun...:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Pat K said...

Gorgeous card Rachel...you are so clever using tools I've never heard of with fabulous results. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. big hugs, Pat K x

coops said...

so stunning rachel.i love the fab image and really gorgeous papers and colours :D

xx coops xx

Pat said...

What a gorgeous card Rachel, love what you have done with your cute image and the design of your card. Thanks for the lovely compliment about my granddaughters, they are all growing up so quickly though.

Pat xx

Atty Fatty said...

fab card !!
very creative :)

Maria Therese said...

Sweet card! Thank you for joining us at Bunny Zoe's ♥