Tuesday 30 August 2011

Distressed Butterfly Tag

To be honest, this tag was a bit of a happy accident.  I was playing around with my new Cuttlebug embossing folders and found a scrap bit of Black Magic Coredinations cardstock.  Next thing I knew the sanding block was out and I was distressing away to my heart's content!  I managed to make the entire tag out of the waste card and funnily enough didn't use the embossing folders in the end.  The base for the tag is a cropped Spellbinders Labels die and I inked the edges in Tim Holtz distress ink - Fired Brick, which hasn't show up very well in the photo.  I ran the blade of my craft knife along the edge of the tag base. 

The black layer is a piece of the crumpled up Black Magic Coredinations cardstock which has been sanded.  I die cut the butterflies twice from the same coredinations cardstock using a Sizzix die (bought from the Stampin' Up catalogue).  It works like a dream through the cuttlebug and is my favourite butterfly die.  I sanded the butterflies to show up the embossing and then finished it off by gluing together with Pinflair Glue Gel.

No comments: