Followers

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Fab'n'Funky Blog Hop

Welcome to the 1st Fab'n'Funky Challenge for 2012 and to celebrate the start of New Year we are having a blog hop . . . well why not especially as Christmas and the New Year are now over and we all need a pick-me-up before the January Blues set in!

Okay . . . you should have hopped over from 
Alexis and collected her number, however if you have popped over to visit me just to say hi but now want to join in the fun, please pop back to the Fab'n'Funky Challenge Blog where all will be explained. Now, my number is 3, make a note of it because you will need my number and every other number on each DT blog at the very end of the blog hop. To collect your next number pop over to Ginny.

Don't forget to also enter this weeks challenge and the theme is  . . .

"Something New"
 

My "Something New" is this adorable stamp from Lili of the Valley.  I took ultimate advantage of their 10% off event in December and picked up quite a few new stamps.  I coloured the image with Promarkers, using Cerise, Amethyst and Cool Grey 4.  I cut out the image using the Spellbinders Labels Four Small. 

The silver mirri-paper was embossed with a Craft Concepts cupcake embossing folder.  Wishing I had an actual cupcake just now!  The pink and purple papers are from Create and Craft.  I have used them in several cards and think they are so versatile.  I stamped the sentiment in black ink but as I've had the set for so long I can't remember the brand.  They are definitely my go-to sentiments though.

Happy crafting.

Rachel x

24 comments:

RoseC said...

Rachel, your LOTV bunny looks wonderful on this sweet birthday card. ~ Rose

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card Rachel, love this Bunny image and the embossed silver mirri-card looks fab.
Wendy xx

Lou Sims said...

Have to say Rachel that I am in love with that embossing folder !!! Cute image, beautifully coloured.

Lou
x

Vicky said...

So cute Rachel...and great embossing too hun :o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Emma H said...

Cute card - love that bunny!

Debbie said...

The bunny is just so cute!!!Love the nestie you used for him

Debbie

craftin-dawn said...

very cute! Love that embossed mirri paper! Very pretty.. Awsome Blog hop!!!

sandra's crafty corner said...

what a fab card hun love that cupcake embossed card too, xxx

Sassy Scrapper said...

Gorgeous card I love this stamp
Hugs Bonnie

lindyloo said...

Happy New year :-) Gorgeous card hun x lindyloo x

catherine said...

Beautiful card and the image is gorgeous. I have become your newest follower. happy new year
x catherine

Babette said...

What a gorgeous card, love the silver paper. Great hop.
Hugs Babette

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Love your card and I love the cupcake embossing folder!!! Super cute and great affect on the mirrored paper.

Calypso

mags said...

Lovely card. The image is really cute and love the effect of the embossing folder.
Mags
x

a Seeker of the TRUTH said...

I love lili of the valley images as they are always so cute. Thanks for sharing the list of material you used as i love the cupcake embossing folder. Thanks for sharing this truly inspirational card

hugs julie

Sassy Raggedy said...

Cute card and I really love your blog. Became a follower and would love for you to visit my blog. Joann http://sassyraggedy.blogspot.com/

kiddo said...

Lovely stamp! And a very nice card, love the colors and layout!

Detje said...

Oh what a great card! I love the embossed silver paper.

Greetings Detje

Jac’s Playground said...

Gorgeous card love the embossed mirricard with all those cupcakes. Off to find my next number now

Alli Devine said...

I really like the colour scheme on this card
Alli D

JLJ Designs said...

Cute card! I love the embossed cupcakes.

Jen

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Lovely card Rachel - thanks for sharing! I could eat a cupcake now too :o) Helen x

Heidi said...

the embossing on this is absolutely brilliant. thanks for the number three. heidi x

~ Barb said...

I have used that mirror paper too and it is really hard to take a picture of it ;o) never thought of embossing it, great idea!