Followers

Saturday 31 August 2013

31 Years Young!

Hi Everyone,

I have a new card for you today using Studio Calico products.  I made this for my friend, Lynsey, for her birthday earlier in the month.  She is the number one female triathlete in Scotland!  We are all so proud of her and hope she leaves them standing at the World Championships next month.  When I saw these cute little wooden bikes I knew I needed to use it on her card.  And here is the finished result:


I started with an A4 piece of cardstock which I scored in half on the Ultimate Pro.  I spritzed with the silver Mister Huey's to add a shimmer.  Using the Simon Says Stamp star die I cut the star border straight across the front.  The doily is from My Paper Stash and I left it plain.  I used Tattered Lace sentiment dies for the Happy Birthday and then attached with Cosmic Shimmer glue.  


My focal point was made using Spellbinder Hexagon dies and X-Cut Star dies.  I also used the Spellbinder Classic Circle dies for the bicycle base.  My papers and wooden embellishments are from Studio Calico.  Finally I used a Tim Holtz alphabet die to cut the numbers.  Here is a picture in the sun.



When I was over at Lynsey's for her birthday party, I noticed that she had framed my card from last year - I was so chuffed!  It also had a bicycle on it so I had better not do a third in a row for next year!

Happy crafting,
Rachel x

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Beautiful as always hun...and I hope you are having a lovely weekend too :o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

coops said...

so stunning and stylish rachel.the design is gorgeous :D

xx coops xx