Followers

Thursday 4 August 2011

A Hint of the Orient


I'd had this idea with the trail of flowers along a shaped card for a while but hadn't really known what else to put with it.  As soon as I saw the Geisha stamps in my stash I knew it was the perfect match.  I covered the shaped card with red paper and purple textured card and then placed flowers from my 3 Birds set around the edge, alternating the colours. I stamped the figure and masked her and then stamped the trees around.  The image was coloured using Promarkers and then cut out using Spellbinders Labels 4.  Next I drew around the biggest die and cut that out to form the mount and then inked the edge of the stamped image with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Red Brick. Finally I stamped the sentiment onto another piece of the red paper and mounted both that and the image onto foam pads.

No comments: