Followers

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Tatty Button Rescue


I just love the Tatty Button stamps from Creative Expressions.  Even better that they are already mounted.  This was a work in progress card as when I started I didn't really have a vision in mind.  I coloured in the stamp one night when I was feeling a bit fed up and needed something to cheer me up. 

When I looked through my Spellbinders I came across the Labels Twenty which was the perfect size.  Unfortunately I managed to slip one of my distress ink pads right on top of Tatty!  D'oh!  Luckily she managed to avoid the cheeky ink and I managed to save her by cutting around her and mounting her onto an orange and white tartan card.  This is the first time I used the button mask and was quite pleased with the result using Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Broken China.  I made the border using an EK Success punch and just alternated the colours.  The flowers were stamped and then cut out by hand.  I finished off the card with a small sentiment stamped onto another of the Spellbinders shapes.

No comments: