Followers

Saturday 12 May 2012

Because one wedding card just wasn't enough!

I posted my friend's wedding card last week as I wasn't sure about it and received some lovely comments.  Thank you, ladies.  This is just a quick post to say that I ended up making another card, in the bridal party colours.  I saw this template by chance on the MCS Encyclopaedia of Advanced Paper Templates, whilst I was looking for something else.  As soon as I saw it I knew it would be perfect for this occasion.


I used the purple colour from the invites to colour the canvas page in MCS and then added this template over the top.  I did the same for the pink butterflies but cut these out instead.  This meant that I knew they were the right size.  I added some Diamond Sparkles in the centre of the butterflies and attached with super stick red line tape in the centre so the wings were able to stand off from the card.  

I ended up giving them both cards and think I might have a commission for the housewarming invites now!  I'll need until at least December to get all those butterflies cut out!  Thankfully the church they are renovating won't be finished for a while yet.

Hope you are all having a great weekend.

Happy crafting,
Rachel x

3 comments:

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

I do like this one... very unusual hun and gorgeous. I wish I could make something like this but I am addicted to colouring LOL....am now a follower x

Vicky said...

Beautiful Rachel...love the colours hun :o)

big hugs Vicky xx

coops said...

this is gorgeous reachel.i love the pretty colours and butterflies ;D

xx coops xx