Followers

Sunday 13 May 2012

In the Round!

Hi All,

Hope you are having a lovely weekend.  Our weather was great yesterday but it's really wintery today, lashing wind and rain.  Thankfully the washing machine was in full swing yesterday and I got it all dried outside.  There's nothing better than the smell of fresh washing.

Anyway, on to my card for today.  I've been busy tidying my crafty stash this weekend but to be honest it has just been a great way to discover things that had been put away and forgotten about for a while. 


I made the papers in My Craft Studio Elite using the Quintessential Country Garden artwork.  I recoloured the background paper and then coloured the canvas to pinky-purple.  Then I coloured the canvas again to match the blue in the background paper and printed all three on Super Smooth.  I love MCS!

I stamped the Saturated Canary image in black pigment ink and then coloured with Promarkers and Flexmarkers in the following colours:

Almond
Blush
Dusky Pink
Cinnamon
Walnut
Sorbet
Watermelon
Surf Blue
Black
Cool Grey 4
Blue Grey 1


Really loving my Flexmarkers but finding it more difficult to get a proper shading effect with them.  I'll just need to practice!

I cut the circles with my X-Cut dies, run through my Grand Calibur.  I used my Quickie Glue Pen around the edge and added MCS glitter.  The foam flowers were pre-glittered and I actually bought them from a pound shop in Glasgow.  I love finding a bargain!  I added teal gems to the centre and also in the top right-hand corner with my Pinflair Glue Gel.

I stamped the sentiment in black pigment ink.  All topper layers were attached with foam tape and the flowers were attached with foam pads.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

A Gem of a Challenge - Challenge 46 (sketch)
Saturated Canary Challenge - Challenge 17 (May flowers)

I hope you have lots of nice things planned for the coming week. 

Happy crafting,
Rachel x

10 comments:

Wendy Fraser said...

Such gorgeous cards since my last visit. Sorry I'm so behind with my commenting but I've not been too well. xx

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card Rachel, love the image and colours.
Wendy xx

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Rachel, love the image and scrummy colour combo.

Donna x

Mandy said...

Fabulous card,love your colour combo and your take on the sketch...Thanks for sharing with us at A Gem of a Challenge and for entering the DT call...
Mandy x

Loopylou. said...

oh thats so pretty rachel, love the circles
Thankyou for playing along with us over on the SC challenge blog
hugs Lou xxx

coops said...

gorgeous card rachel.i love this sassy and your colours are so pretty :D

xx coops xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Such a pretty card & gorgeous image...

Thanks for playing along at Gem of a challenge & good luck!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Jane said...

This is such a pretty colour combo xx
Thanks for joining us at SC challenges x

TC said...

Sweet card. Love your background paper. Adorable image. x

Pop's Cards said...

Beautiful creation sweetie, looks fabulous, thank you for joining us at Saturated Canary this time ♥ Pops x