Followers

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Fab'n'Funky Challenges #122 - A New Beginning

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you have some sunshine where you are this week.  We have been having a very warm week.  Lets hope it continues. 

If any of you have been across to the Fab'n'Funky Challenges blog you will see that we are now under new management.  Unfortunately Lou has many commitments and took the decision to hand over the blog to Judith.  I'm sad to see Lou leave us but hope she will pop in from time to time.  I would like to wish Judith all the best with the blog and let her know that we are all behind her.

Right, onto the results of last week - you can find them on the Fab'n'Funky Challenges blog.  Ginny chose her Top 3 too so make sure you check to see if it's you.  Don't forget your winner's badge too.  There is also our random winner of the prize from Digi Doodle Shop.  Was it you?  Only one way to find out!

This week, since we are embarking on a new beginning, we thought this would be the perfect theme for our challenge...

A New Beginning

We would like to see your new beginnings (new baby, new job, etc) or new crafty goodies.  Don't forget to tell us what you have used though.  Our sponsor this week is Di's Digi Downloads.  Check out her fab website for loads of great digis.

I have used one of Di's Digis for my card this week.  It's called Who Do I Pick.


Isn't she sweet?  I love finding new digis to colour as there are so many possibilites.  I coloured her with Promarkers and used the following colours:

Satin
Blush
Dusky Pink
Sandstone
Cinnamon
Henna
Walnut
Lime Green
Forest Green
Pale Pink
Dusky Rose
Ruby

The base cardstock is pearlised and I think I bought it from Crafter's Companion a while back.  I added the fabric after my mix-up last week and the flowers were from eBay.  I brushed the Tim Holtz Spun Sugar Distress Ink over the pink flower to make it a little darker.  I also added this to the edge of my topper.  The ribbon was from DoCrafts.

I can't wait to see all of your projects.  Have a great week.

Happy Crafting,
Rachel x

4 comments:

Judith said...

Gorgeous choice of digi Rachel - lovely fabric!! such a pretty card hugs judith x

Donna Mosley said...

A gorgeous card Rachel, love the sweet image and pretty details.

Donna x

coops said...

gorgeous card rachel.the image is so sweet and fab pretty colours ;D

xx coops xx

Pat said...

Super card Rachel, love the image you used and the pretty bp.

Pat xx