Followers

Tuesday 21 August 2012

Love is like a butterfly...

Hello Crafters,

I have a Spellbinders card for you tonight.  I luuuurve Spellbinders!  It's the Pick of the Day on Create and Craft and Ideal World tonight/tomorrow but would you believe it I have them all!  Well, nearly all of them!



For this card, I started with some purple pearlescent card and embossed it with the Ornamental Iron M-Bossability folder.  I managed to extend the pattern by placing the folder over the edge of the plates on the second embossing run.

I used a Debbi Moore stamp and then cut it out with Spellbinders Beaded Squares.  I inked through the die with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Dusty Concord.  This is the first time I've used my proper blending tool and it was a doddle!


I cut two squares, one black and one silver mirri-paper with my flimsy knock-off dies - that'll teach me!  The ribbon is also from Creative Expressions.  The butterfly is another Spellbinder and came from the Wings of Hope set.
 

I really do love using Spellbinders and can't wait to see what will make it onto my next card.  Hope you are all enjoying crafty days.

Happy crafting,
Rachel x

3 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Rachel, I love the colours, the embossing and the sentiment.
Sue

Wendy Fraser said...

So beautiful, love the butterfly and striking colour combo xx

Marlene Atkinson said...

So gorgeous, love the stiking colour combination and the butterfly. Marlene