Followers

Friday 25 January 2013

On Your Anniversary - Debbi Moore

Hi Everyone,

It's the weekend! Yippie!  That means non-stop crafting for me!  Well, I might have to give in and tackle the ironing at some point!

I've been playing with the paper kit that came with my latest Debbi Moore Inspirations magazine and have made an anniversary card for you tonight. 


I went with the red and black colour combo and really like the papers that came in the magazine.  I have to admit that I have ordered the matching Create and Craft Pick of the Week even though the crafty budget has been well and truly blown this month.  Oh well, it's an investment!

I started with an 8" cardblank but cut it down to 7.5" square on my Tonic guillotine.  I certainly couldn't craft without my guillotine.  I added a layer of red mirri-card and then topped with the four squares of lacy patterned paper.  I fussy cut the topper and added with shaker tape for a slightly raised look.  I topped with a red heart gem using Cosmic Shimmer glue to adhere.  

My finishing touch was to add the three gems to each corner.  These weren't self adhesive so were a little bit fiddly.  I used the same glue here.

Here is a close-up of that lovely topper


And now for a sideways view


I hope you are all having a great weekend and have avoided the dreaded snow.  We've been really lucky here and only had a little flurry that hasn't stuck around.  I really hate the ice though and that has appeared a bit more than I would have liked.  Anyway, wishing you all a great and crafty weekend.

Happy crafting,
Rachel x

2 comments:

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Rachel. I love the image and the colours are wonderful.
I hope you have a good weekend.
Hugs Sue

coops said...

so gorgeous rachel.fab stylish image and colours and i love the lace effect paper :D

xx coops xx