Followers

Wednesday 25 July 2012

Fab'n'Funky Challenges #131 - No Stamped Images

Hello Crafty Friends,

We loved your handmade flower projects last week - a great variety.  Check out the Fab'n'Funky Challenges blog to see if we picked you as our lucky winner.  The Top 3 have also been posted.  Don't forget to grab those badges too.

I had better get cracking with this week's challenge.  The talented Ginny is our host and she has chosen a clever challenge...

No Stamped Images

I kept going to reach for my stamps and then realised that I wasn't allowed!  In the end I created a Spellbinders card.  Not quite up to Sue Wilson standard yet but I do love checking out her inspirational blog. 

Our sponsor this week is Joanna Sheen.  The lucky challenge winner will receive a £10 gift token to the Joanna Sheen store


I began by printing out my patterned snowflake paper from the Debbi Moore Shabby Chic Christmas CD-ROM.  There are loads of great papers on this CD so it was hard to choose which one to print first!

My card blank was made with Spellbinders Grand Labels Eleven.  I also cut the base layer with this Label but used the next size down.  The next layer is silver mirri-board cut using Spellbinders Labels Twenty.  I topped this with the Cheery Lynn Frency Pastry die in the DM paper.  This is the first time I've used a Cheery Lynn die and was really impressed with them.  I have another die that I bought at the same time but I'll keep that one for another time!

My snowflakes were also Spellbinders and I used 2011 and 2012 Snowflake Pendants.  I attached these with either foam pads or Cosmic Shimmer dries clear glue from Creative Expressions.  I added a silver pearl to the middle with the silver Cosmic Shimmer glue.  This is also how I made the pearls around the edge.

Don't forget to check out the other DT members' creations.  Can't wait to see what you come up with for our challenge.

Happy crafting,
Rachel x

10 comments:

Kim said...

gorgeous card Rachel, and difficult for us stampaholics to create one without a stamp! looks fab though!
Kim x

Wendy said...

So gorgeous Rachel, love it.
Wendy xx

Pat K said...

Beautiful card Rachel. Love the shape and the snowflake is gorgeous. hugs, Pat K.

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Rachel, such a fabulous design and I love the colours

Hugs Sue

Vicky said...

A beautiful, shiny and sparkly card for Christmas, there is so much detail here you didn't need your stamps after all!!!

hugs Vicky xxx

Wendy Fraser said...

Just stunning! Love the blue and silver xx

Judith said...

This is fab Rachel - loved it when I saw it in the blog - just so Christmassy! X

coops said...

wow so gorgeous rachel.the snowflake is stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Pat said...

Beautiful Christmas card Rachel, love the snowflake.

Pat xx

Emma H said...

This is so pretty, I love that shiny paper, it really gives your snowflake some punch!