Followers

Friday 20 July 2012

Snowflake River

Hello again,

Another day, another Christmas card!  I'm fairly churning them out now.  I think this might be my favourite so far though.  What do you think?


This topper came from the same Hunkydory pack that I used for yesterday's card.  It is made up of four layers and I've used foam pads to give dimension.  Once I made up the topper I scanned it into the computer and used My Craft Studio to create my backing paper.  After addin the photo to my workspace, I picked up the brush tool and selected the colour from the sky and then changed the electronic canvas to match.  The snowflakes came from the MCS Parchment Delights 5 CD-ROM.  The sheet is clear like acetate and so didn't distort the colour of the backgournd.  Once I had decided on the snowflakes I reduced the size to a little over 8" square and printed off.  I cut off the excess with my Tonic guillotine and attached to the card blank I had already made from white cardstock.


The peach card is Cor'dinations which I distressed at the edges with the Tim Holtz Paper Distresser tool.  I added a strip of super sticky tape all around the edge and pressed in some MCS glitter.  I attached this with double sided sticky tape.  The silver shapes are Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles and I used silver mirri-paper for them.  I attached these and the topper using foam tape/pads.


Hope you've had a great week and have lovely things planned for the weekend.

Happy crafting,
Rachel x

5 comments:

Sue said...

this is gorgeous Rachel, I really love the image and the framing looks wonderful

I hope you have a good weekend
Sue

June Nelson said...

Wow this is gorgeous hunnie, a lovely traditional christmas card love it, have a great weekend hugies June xxx

Vicky said...

So gorgeous Rachel...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

coops said...

gorgeous card rachel.fab image and i love the ornate frames :D

xx coops xx

Vicky said...

Oh it's lovely hun!!! the colours and layout, just fab

hugs Vicky xxx