Followers

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Oh Christmas Tree

Hello Crafty Friends,

Second post this week already!  Can you tell I've been on holiday since last week?!  I said I was going to make 3 Christmas cards a day while I was off but I've only managed 3 so far and I've been off for a week!  Ah well, it's only July!

This is a super sparkly card today.  I love making sparkly things!


I started with three wooden tree embellishments and inked up a swirly Debbi Moore stamp with Versamark.  I stamped on to the trees and then added Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder which was heated with a heat tool.  I added Tim Holtz Bundled Sage Distress Ink over the top of the embossing so that the swirls resisted and made more of an impact. 

To make the backgournd, I took a piece of Create and Craft pearlescent cardstock and used the same DM stamp with Versamark to make the patterns around the edge.  I also used the Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder here too.  The ribbon was originally cream seam binding which I coloured with the Bundled Sage DI.  I added a Creative Expressions dazzler to the centre of the ribbon with Pinflair Glue Gel.


Hope you are all having a good week with plenty of crafty time.

Happy crafting,
Rachel x

2 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Rachel. I love how you have created the background and the colours are beautiful

Sue

Judith said...

I love sparkle too Rachel - especially for Christmas cards - good idea to get started early it'll be here in no time! hugs Judith x