Followers

Wednesday 13 February 2013

Fab'n'Funky Challenges #158 - What's Inside

Hi Crafty Friends,

It must be Wednesday as we have a brand new challenge for you at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.  We loved all of your romantic and heart projects last week - what a lot of love is going on in the world this week!  The winners and Top 3 are on the blog now so do take a look.

And now to let you in on our new challenge, we have the brilliant Beccy and she has chosen...

What's Inside

We would like to see the inside of your cards decorated.  You can decorate it in any way you like, just make sure there is something extra special in there for the recipient.

Our sponsor this week is one of my faves - Stamp Fairy.  You can click here to check out their fab designs.  The randomly picked winner will receive a $10 voucher to spend in the online store.

So, I bet you are wondering what I've created this week, so without further ado...


Isn't he cute?  This is Garden Goblins 1 from Stamp Fairy and you can find him here.  I took him into Serif and used the Cut Out Studio to cut away the main white part of the mushrooms.  I added a red polkadot background paper behind and then once printed out I fussy cut around with scissors and a craft knife.  I coloured using my ProMarkers and Flexmarkers in Satin, Almond, Dusky Pink, Cinnamon, Cocoa, Caramel, Burnt Umber, Lipstick Red, Ruby, Surf Blue, Aquamarine and Soft Aqua.  I hope you can see the shading.


My red layer is a piece of Coredinations cardstock which I distressed with my Tim Holtz paper distresser.  I embossed the mushroom frame from the Cuttlebug Freshly Picked set and then sanded back to reveal a bit more of the design.  My circle of clouds was made using a Darice folder and an X-Cut circle die.  I printed the blue and brown papers from Serif, recolouring using the colour picker tool.  My card blank is from Hunkydory and I used Antique Linen Distress Ink to age the edge. 


I layered up more of the papers that I had used on the front and then added a border of mushrooms.  This paper was also printed from Serif.  My mushroom die is by C.C. Designs and I've had it in my stash for ages but only just cut with it today.  I used a stamp set, with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Fired Brick, that was a free gift from Create and Craft as part of my club membership.

I hope you can link up your creations this week.  The team have come up with some brilliant ideas to I hope you can visit them for some inspiration too.

Happy crafting,
Rachel x

5 comments:

Shirley said...

I love your card Rachel! He is so cute.

Pat K said...

Love this card Rachel. He is soooo cute. Great border on the inside as well. x

Sue said...

Right, you may get this message 3 times as it keeps disappearing!
Your card is fabulous, I love the cute image and gorgeous detailing
Hugs Sue

Beccy said...

Hi Rachel - how cute is he - love that mushroom border too im thinking a spending spree may be in order.

Beccy x

Judith said...

I love this cute image Rachel and your mushrooms are fab!! hugs judith x