Followers

Tuesday 12 February 2013

The Cuttlebug Spot Valentine's Blog Hop

Hi Everyone,

It's here!  Today is day for The Cuttlebug Spot Valentine's Blog Hop.  We will be hopping all week long!


I hope you are all excited to hop with us.  We have some amazing inspiration from the DT and we would love to see your creations too.  So, let us begin.  All you have to do is visit each of the blogs of the DT, following the list in green below, give us a follow and comment on our Blog Hop post and then link up using the usual linky after the main post on The Cuttlebug Spot blog.  We have great prizes this week too so make sure you are in it to win it!

This is my card for our Valentine's Blog Hop...


Not a traditional colour scheme but I hope that you all see the message I was trying to portray - you are the key to my heart.    I started with some gorgeous gold matt cardstock and used my Spellbinders Grand Scalloped Squares to make a card blank.  I added a layer of brown pearlescent cardstock and then embossed a piece of the gold cardstock using my Cuttlebug with the Couture Creations Without a Lock embossing folder.  This is a new folder that also came with a great mini cogs embossing folder called Replacements. 



For my top layer, I ran an X-Cut die through my Cuttlebug to create an aperature and then added some Creative Expressions silky crush ribbon in gold.  My sentiment topper came from the new Spellbinders Framed Tags One set, also cut on my Cuttlebug.  I embossed with gold embossing powder and heated with my heat tool.  The stamp actually has tiny hearts within the lettering but it hasn't really shown up with the heat embossing.  The key was cut using my new Silhouette Portrait.  It is so clever and easy to use.  I just need another three days a week to be able to play some more!

Now then, on to the Blog Hop sequence...






Rachel (you are here)

Andy



I really hope you can join in with us on our blog hop.  Don't forget, your next stop is Andy.  The prizes are really something this week.

Happy crafting,
Rachel x

14 comments:

Gail said...

Rachel - I love the keys inside of your heart card - lovely work! I am excited about doing the hop - I love my Cuttlebug and the Cuttlebug hop and challenges. What wonderful prizes available! Enjoy your day and thanks for the hop Rachel! http://ilikepaper01.blogspot.com/

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the gold key embossing.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Margaret Peppers said...

This is so just. I love the key theme.

Crea Astrid said...

What a beautiful card. Nice done with the keys in the heart.

Hugs, Astrid.

Debi said...

Beautiful! I love the key embossing folder and the elegance of your shiny papers.

Sukie said...

Super cute project, love the embossing on your card. The gold keys look amazing. I am a new follower of your blog.

Grace Baxter said...

I love the unexpected colour scheme used in this card. It's very elegant. All the details are great!

Pam said...

What a lovely blog you have! Your card is gorgeous! That key embossing is wonderful! The colors you chose are great! I LOVE embossing and my Cuttlebug!! I think I would emboss everything if I could!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Kimbo said...

This is stunning and so different but the message is definitely there x

Patty said...

May not be the traditional colors..but I kind of like that..and it's beautiful!

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

Very nice card. Love the foil embossed keys on this. Beautiful!

Swissie said...

Wow! Your card ist just amazing!

kurolka said...

Keys inside are great, hop from Poland

Migdalia said...

WOW!!Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia