Followers

Tuesday 5 February 2013

The Cuttlebug Spot DT Card - Love Is In The Air

Hiya,

I'm back with another challenge brought to you by The Cuttlebug Spot.  We are in the mood for love and have lots of romantic inspired challenges for you during February.  If you haven't already, mark your calendars for 12 February as we are having a Valentine's Blog Hop with loads of great prizes to be won.  Hope you can all pop by and join in.

So this week we would like to see projects on the theme of...

Love Is In The Air

Easy peasy for February, right?!  Just make sure that your card features something romantic and get those Cuttlebugs cranking!

Here is my card...


Super romantic!  I have to say I've never made a Valentine's card before!  I'm still looking for Mr Right so I won't be sending any either!

I started by using my brand new birthday present even though my birthday isn't until the end of April!  My parents bought me a Silhouette Portratit!  Yippie!  I used my new toy to cut the swirly heart frame with matt black card and layered this onto a double layer of red vellum.  I whipped out my Spellbinders Fancy Framed Tags One and Cuttlebug for the sentiment which was embossed with silver embossing power.  I curved the tag over the edge of my craft table.  I matted my topper onto red mirri-card and then onto pearlescent black card.  I finsihed off with the four gems.


Hope you can join in with our romantic challenge this week.

Happy crafting,
Rachel x

2 comments:

coops said...

so gorgeous Rachel.really love the striking red and black ;D

xx coops xx

Lenoria said...

I love this card! Where is the pattern for the background swirl from, is it just for use with the Silhouette?